Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim.. Tim.. is offline

Default Screwfix trade counters

"dmc" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

|!Yep. that would be perfect. They are obviously linked up somehow as they
|!knew my name from my postcode and my previous (online) orders.

No! the use a CDROM with all addresses in the UK on it.
My address on the CDROM has a parculiarity which allows me to spot where
they got it.

No, I don't think so.

I gave him my surname and postcode - he said "Is that Darren?"

He also seemed to know I'd ordered with them before.

I never gave him my name - and even if he had a cdrom with all the names
and addresses on I'd not given him my house number and half of our
street share the postcode.

If you have ordered via phone or internet before, all that info is available
to the guys in the Shops via the computer having given them your postcode.

Tim.
..