Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 160 DIY articles now

In article ,
Grunff writes:

It would be useful to get a link from the main FAQ pages to the wiki -
how do people feel about this?

A big concern I have is that lots of it needs peer review.
This means it isn't the group's collective wisdom, unlike
a thread here or an article in the main DIY FAQ. I would
be concerned if it was promoted on a level footing as it
currently stands. That's not to knock the contributors in
any way who've clearly been working hard -- it's just that
there aren't enough of them working on each article, and
until there are, it isn't the group's collective wisdom
and mustn't be promoted as such.

Having spent some time correcting one article and adding
appropriate safety precautions which were missing, I was
somewhat ****ed to find most of that stripped out. It's
very unlikely that I (or others) will waste our time if
that sort of thing continues.

I would also get rid of all the empty articles which
contain only links to Google. After you've bounced off
a few of those, you can easily get the impression the
Wiki is completely empty.

--
Andrew Gabriel