Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Fluorescent lamp circuit board

On 10 Feb 2007 08:05:58 -0800, "rv31rv" put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I have an undercabinet fluorescent lamp fixture that suddenly quit
working. After verifying the tube works in another fixture & pulling
the board out of the housing, I checked all components & they seem to
be OK except for a component that looks like a black diode without a
band. It appears to be open & has DB3 printed on it & the PCB next to
it.

It crosses to an NTE6408 "bilateral trigger diode", ie a DIAC. As
already mentioned, the breakover voltage is 32V.

See http://www.nteinc.com/specs/6400to6499/pdf/nte6407.pdf

- Franc Zabkar