Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed RedOnRed is offline

Default Designing windows

"Newshound" wrote in message
I'm planning to replace 50's steel framed windows on an 18th C cottage
with timber casements. On the rear elevation these are 2300 wide and 1200
high so I have some choice over numbers of casements and glazing bars.
Does anyone know of any design software that would help sketch out the
options quickly?

Second question, I know there is a rule requiring toughened glass for
windows with cills below 800 mm. Does that apply both sides? My outside
cill is only 300 mm from ground level. (Can't easily dig it out, although
I would like to, because I would have to re-lay all the drains).

Maybe this could be what you're looking for...

http://www.punchsoftware.com/products/platV10.htm

Alternatively, Autocad would do the job but will cost a shed load more.

By the way, what're '50s steel framed windows doing in an 18th century
house? An inconsiderate predecessor?