Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Screwfix trade counters

On Sat, 10 Feb 07 21:05:21 GMT, (dmc) wrote:

|!In article , Andy Hall wrote:
|!
|!It's actually worse than Argos (if that were possible).
|!
|!heh
|!
|!If this arrangement were set up properly, one would be able to order on
|!their web site and collect from the trade counter without the hit and
|!miss of whether or not the items are in stock.
|!
|!Yep. that would be perfect. They are obviously linked up somehow as they
|!knew my name from my postcode and my previous (online) orders.

No! the use a CDROM with all addresses in the UK on it.
My address on the CDROM has a parculiarity which allows me to spot where
they got it.
---
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
http://www.gutenberg.org
For Yorkshire Dialect go to www.hyphenologist.co.uk/songs/
also PG Nos 2888, 3232, 17472, 17799