Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Pipe Benders

mike wrote:

Thanks for your help, John.

no problem ;-)

I got the XP upgrade and installed it this morning. An absolute doddle,
went like clockwork, the only problem was my Avast antivirus that thought
it was still on 98 and sodded up the new installation.

A complete clearout and reinstall fixed that.

It instantly found my modem/router that I've been trying to fire up for a
month, cued my inputs, and connected me to the broadband world. It all
happened so fast I didn't believe it till I'd tried a few sites!

So so far I'm well impressed

Aside from the colossal amount of RAM it seems to need, it is a
reasonably solid platform now. Certainly better than any of the 9x
range... Sounds like all your hardware was recognised as well, which is
another problem avoided.

--
Cheers,

John.