Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Can someone recommend a decent brand of R30 CFL?

On 8 Feb 2007 03:54:32 -0800, wrote:

I'm looking for something to put in the many recessed "cans"(?) that
are in my kitchen and living room. I need something that is instant
on and quick to get bright because my wife is not a big fan of these
things.

I'm not a fan either, but I need the money. If Edison had invented
these first, we'd all be satisfied with them. We'd condider them much
better than gas and kerosene light.

"Oh my gosh it takes so long!" we would not say.

But the 4 for 10 dollars of the non-curley-cue that Walmart have gone
up in price and are no 3 for 10 dollars. I'll stick with the
curly-cue** and wait for the others to come back down. If I wait a
year they may be 4 for 5 dollars.

**6 for ten dollars at HD, and they are fine in most places.

But, with 18 of these things drawing 60 watts apiece, it
would be nice to reduce my power consumption if I could.