Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ififlyfish@gmail.com is offline

Default Leaking bathroom sink faucet question

On Feb 10, 12:02 pm, tenplay wrote:
My older home has a bathroom sink faucet unit made by Eljer, which is
leaking hot water from the spout. With other faucet units, I would
usually just pry off the cap on the hot water handle and loosen the
screw to get to the washer. However this handle does not have a cap.
Instead the handle is a solid unit shaped kinda like a mushroom. How do
I get to the washer under the hot water handle? I am reluctant to
force it off because I don't want to break or bend anything. Thanks for
any advice.

Most likely it has an allen set screw on the backside of the handle
Moen sends replacement cartridges free if u go to their website, they
also furnish instructions along with the parts. Check if Elger has a
site