Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill Berkshire Bill is offline

Default Leaking bathroom sink faucet question

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
My older home has a bathroom sink faucet unit made by Eljer, which is
leaking hot water from the spout. With other faucet units, I would
usually just pry off the cap on the hot water handle and loosen the screw
to get to the washer. However this handle does not have a cap. Instead
the handle is a solid unit shaped kinda like a mushroom. How do I get to
the washer under the hot water handle? I am reluctant to force it off
because I don't want to break or bend anything. Thanks for any advice.

Some of the Eljers are covered in this pdf.
http://www.plumbingspecialties.com/d...atoIndiana.pdf

Bill