Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joachim Wunder Joachim Wunder is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:28:39 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

Tried these guys?

http://www.aaaremotes.com/gegadoopcibo.html

No, I didnīt tried them yet. But I have done some good progress today:
After a whole bunch of further phone calls I was now finally able to
find out the manufacturer of the PCB. Itīs a very small company in
Saar/Northern Germany. They are not on the Web, so you simply canīt
find them there, unfortunately. But the company who installed the
garage door opener back in 1990 had a deeper look into their archive
to find out this small company for me, again. Thanks God. Well, even
this company is located in Northern Germany but not presented on the
Web at all. So, life sometimes really sucks, I know.

Well, unfortunately, the techie himself who designed the PCB wasnīt in
today, but another tech person of the same company told me that they
MIGHT have some spare PCB still in stock. Thanks God. But this is only
an assumption and cannot be clarified before the upcoming Monday. So,
I will keep you all posted here. And, moreover, the techie whom I
had on the phone today even told me that all employees are definitely
not authorized to hand out any circuitry plans or specs/types of the
microcontroller and the accompanying IC. Holy cow.... anyway...
thereīs some hope the next Monday. Iīll report back and keep you all
posted with an update then.

In the meantime.. thank you ALL so much for your tremendous support!

For the rest of the reponses from all of you, I will answer one after
the other post. So, please be patient with me. Iīm just sitting here
with a logical test device to find out any more information.
Joachim