Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Screwfix trade counters

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:25:31 UTC, Stuart B
wrote:

On 10 Feb 2007 20:10:03 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:49:37 UTC, (dmc) wrote:

Had an hour to kill today waiting for my car to be finished so popped into
the Screwfix trade counter that has just (yesterday) opened in Canterbury.

Oooh...didn't know that! Mind, it's the 'wrong' side of the city for
me...

Are these trade counters still easy to use if you're a general punter?
(I know you aren't a builder, Darren....)

Disregard the TRADE name . It's like Argos .You fill in a wee slip
with the items you want and take it to the counter .they check if the
stuff is in stock first ( well the Glasgow one does) then you pay for
it and take the slip they give you and the stuff gets brought out and
they shout out your number . I've been in a couple of times and
everything I wanted was in stock .

OK, thanks. Useful to know.

http://www.diybanter.com