Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Screwfix trade counters

On Sat, 10 Feb 07 19:49:37 GMT, (dmc) wrote:

Had an hour to kill today waiting for my car to be finished so popped into
the Screwfix trade counter that has just (yesterday) opened in Canterbury.

As they had 10% off everything and free burgers and hot dogs it was rather
busy (unsurprisingly) but while I was there I thought I'd stock up on some
filler I've been meaning to order for age and pickup some more screws but
they had none of the filler and and were also out of stock on the screws.

A freind went in later to get a load of dry lining boxes and again, they
had none in stock.

Is this common at the trade counters (in which case I'll carry on ordering
online) or is this just the opening weekend offer rush?

I'm hoping they normally have plenty of stock and it'll be handy to drop in
during my lunch break but if stock is hit and miss I'll pass...

Darren

In the last year I have made three trips to Toolstation in Bristol to
find they have no stock of most of the items I want, usually a mix of
plumbing and electrical stuff