Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Creaky floors and joists

On Feb 10, 1:06 am, DK wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 13:11:32 -0800, wrote:

I have no problem with going into the crawl space and putting in a lot
of screws. Seems like I need 2" screws? How do I know where or how
far to screw without it going through the hardwood floors on top?
Trial and error (maybe with someone's help)? Maybe start 1" from the
floor and go 45' angle?
House was built in '57 in southern CA, if anyone is from the area and
familiar.
Thanks again!

Can't you screw from the top?

Can't you read? He said he has hardwood floors. And who's the
dumbass?

If not and If you don't know the structure, then you can drill one
small (1/8th in) hole and measure so you know what length screws to
use. Patch that one hole when finished.