Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Freezer/Refrig Help

wrote in message

Honestly replace it.

It died. It almost lasted as long as my parents Crosley refrigerator.
The Crosley lasted about 35 years.

I'm sorry to hear that. A 35 year old refrigerator uses much more power than
a new one. As an example, I had a second refrigerator in the basement, an
old 12 cubic foot model. I replaced it with a new 18 cubic foot with self
defrosting. My electric bill went down $10 a month and I have much more
space and better freezer.

Based on just that example, 35 years, at $120 a year, cost your parents
$4200 extra to keep the old Crosley compared to a recent model. Why would
anyone want to keep spending extra money to keep an old appliance running?