Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Re-manufacturing Carbon Resistance Strips in Slide Potentionmeters - any idea what binder to use?

David Forsyth wrote in message
Wow this is exactly the info I was looking for - thank you so much! The
toner is the trick. I was thinking of trying to bind it with epoxy
but I like the toner idea better. Do you think a heat gun would work in
fusing the film onto the backing or would that be too hot or too
inconsistant?
In any case I have a place to start now - thanks again!

Dave

"N Cook" wrote in message
David Forsyth wrote in message
I have a need to rebuild some slide pots from 1970's musical equipment

snip

on one of my 2 tips files, URL below, is a formulation of photocopier

toner
and graphite i have used in such circumstances. Otherwise if only thin
wipers , dismantle and move the wipers to fresh bits of track.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

toner and graphite are both fine dust

Diverse Devices, Southampton, England