Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Razor blades - extortion or what?

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 10 Feb, 01:26, mike wrote:

£5.40 for FOUR! Gawd this is crazy. I don't know what's happening here
but it seems every 5 mins there's new blade with even more edges on it
promising an "even closer" shave.

Here's a tip: Cheap single-bladed disposables.

If you didn't shave over the weekend, then the bristles are a bit
longer and the 47-bladed ten-quid-a-shave TurboMax clogs solid and
works badly. Shave first with the cheapest and cheeriest from the
supermarket bargain bin. It works _better_. You can always give it a
polish off with the hydra-headed beasty afterwards.

Oh, and "King of Shaves" shaving oil is everything they claim of it.
You really do only need 3 drops. Amazing stuff.

This reminded me that my Father used the (now old fashion) slotted
blades that fitted into the razor. He kept a jam jar and when the blade
became blunt he would wet the inside of the jar the place the blade
inside then work it round and round to sharpen it for reuse. Can't do
that with the modern ones! :-)