Posted to uk.d-i-y
John McLean John McLean is offline

Default Razor blades - extortion or what?

"Don Spumey" wrote in message
. uk...
mike wrote:
Are razor blades soon to be the new world currency?

£5.40 for FOUR! Gawd this is crazy. I don't know what's happening here
but it seems every 5 mins there's new blade with even more edges on it
promising an "even closer" shave.

For years I was quite happy with Gillette GII but it seems some bright
callow youth somewhere needed 2000 edges - but the management beat him
down to 3 or 4.

And the strange thing is the replacements for the "old-fashioned" GII
(if you can find them), don't really fit properly and even if they do,
seem to have blunt edges. Another scam (I think) is that the
wobbled-headed razors *have* to have exactly the right head otherwise
you can give yourself a good slicing before breakfast. (They judder
effect is remarkable)! I recall that with the fixed head ones, if you
could get the head on it - it would at least work.

GCSE question 1. If there are 200 types of razor in the shop and 5
million types of head, what is the chance of a grumpy old bloke
getting a decent shave before a new design is announced? Explain your
answer.

(And before anyone says it - No I don't want to grow beard!)

It'll make them more economically viable if you hide them from the
missus....they'll last three times longer! :-))

Don.

Tesco's have their own dual blades.
I always clean the blades with an old tooth brush after use, to get rid of
the build up.
Jaymack
It's not what you know, it's knowing where to find it.