Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 486 problem

Eeyore wrote:

I remember the MFM/RLL drives. Some MFM could be low level formatted using
an RLL controller

debug enter

g = c:8000 enter

IIRC

Graham

That was one way, but there were programs from several hard drive
manufacturers that did the low level format, verified the surface area,
followed by the high level format. It put the system files on the drive,
asked for the Volume Label, and exited with a bootable C: drive. Then
you installed DOS, Drivers and the programs you wanted. it could take
eight hours of inserting floppy disks before the job was done.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida