Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default Tie to attach joist to beam above it

I don't want to just hang the beam, I want it on top (because I am
removing a wall below and don't want it to show). The beam will be
supported with blocking at both ends, so the beam will still support
the joists. I looked through the simpson site and didn't see anything
that jumped out at me for this.

If I have to, I will inset it and use hangers, but that will be more
work and the 2x6s are old so they are wider then 1.5 inches, so might
not fit a regular hanger. As for the joist size, the joists are
already there and they are just in the attic over a relitivly short
span, so that shouldn't be a problem

Getting a cutoms welded bracket is probably out of my price range.

Thanks