Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Tie to attach joist to beam above it

On Feb 8, 10:11 pm, "Ed" wrote:
What tie should I use to attach joists to a beam sitting on top of the
joist. I know I could put it in flush with the joist and just use a
regular joist hanger , but I would like to put the beam on top. The
joists are 2x6s and the beam is a 4*12.

This is an unusual situation--I doubt there is a piece of hardware
made specifically for this. Simpson strong tie sells heavy duty
twisted straps that would work, though i don't think they are made for
that purpose (google it). If you are dealing with a building
inspector, they might want to see it engineered.