Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default 3.5kva petrol generator - what will it drive ???

"itsafluke" wrote in message
Just picked up a 'good' generator.

Tried it on my little hand planer 200w - no problem
Tried it on my Flymo 300 compact hoover lawn mower 1400W - does not
seem to have enough umph (even thou not cutting anything)

Just what will it drive ???

Does it not have an information plate (or book) that states the wattage
output. It's a bit like "How long is a piece of string?" without that
information. You can get 3.5kva gennys that can run up to 3000 Watts, and
others that will struggle to power 1500 Watts. What make and model is it?

HTH

John