Posted to sci.electronics.repair
j j is offline

Default Toshiba 51 RPTV

I've decided to fix the set, believe it or not, when it warms up the
picture is still great.

I have access to electricians who fix boards at work. They do this or
machines don't run. Would it be wise to try this repair with some
help, or let the tv repairman handle it. Also, I have a friend who
sends his amps out to be reworked and upgraded to higher grade
capacitors, maybe his contact would be more reliable at repairing the
board, if I removed it. Will better capacitors make it look any
better, or is that overkill? My friend swears by his amps after being
reworked, but he has a very high end Class A HT ($30,000) set-up.

Thanks again for your help.