Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default GU10 CFL equivalents

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:25:30 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

The longer hours of use for lighting occur during the winter months.
We are on a latitude
where there is a reasonably seasonal shift in sunrise and sunset times.

Correct.

It is therefore incorrect
to say that the energy released by lighting for 6 months of the year is
not useful. During the summer,
usage of artificial light is much smaller and in the winter much longer.

You have twisted what was said, presumably to fit in with your own
agenda.

The original statement, "putting heat into my kitchen ceiling is not
especially useful and for the 6 months of the year when my heating
is probably off any waste heat is just that", is entirely correct.
It makes no assertion that the amount of heat released is the same
in summer and winter.

It is also perfectly reasonable that heat from conventional lamps is
usefully delivered to the room above.

Some will be, if there are rooms above. However, electricity is an
expensive way of heating a house. You usually advocate that the only
consideration in the choice of heating supplier/fuel is the lowest
cost.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh