Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC sizing

"Martino" wrote in message
Good point but if it is possible to get down to a more comfortable 75F
(which I used for the design param) then why not. Looks that with the
adjusted dry/wet bulb values I will be able to achieve it with a 5 tons
unit.
Thx

The why not is comfort. To get that much cooling for a week a year, you may
be oversized the rest of the year. Not to mention that operating costs go
up rapidly the greater the differential you are trying to achieve. If you
are in and out frequently, you may also find the differential to be too much
of a change adding to overall discomfort.