Posted to alt.home.repair

Default adding a humidifier to a furnace

Sounds like you ought to call a heating guy, and get it put in
right.

A humidifier won't hurt the condensor, cause that sits outdoors.
The evaporator gets wet when it runs in the summer, so that's not
an issue. Evaporator has a drain, right? Cause it gets wet.

There are some jobs where it takes longer (and costs more) to do
it yourself. Unless you're really good with tools, this is one of
thems.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"brechmos" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am new at this. We bought a 70+ y.o. house here in Ontario.

The
summers are warm and moist and the winters are cold and dry.

The A/C was added onto the furnace, bu there is no humidifier

for the
winter. I opened up the ducting immediately above the furnace

and the
condensor for the A/C is sitting right there. As far as I can

see, if
I add a humidifier the only place to put the small duct

carrying the
moist air would go in immediately in front of the condensor.

Would
there be a problem with this? I am assuming as the A/C is off

in the
winter, the condensor is off. And with the air blowing by when

the
furnace is going that the moist air isn't going to sit around

on the
condensor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.