Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Sprinkler Repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 7, 11:42 pm, "Eric9822" wrote:
On Feb 7, 3:31 pm, "Ross Payne" wrote:

I'm new to sprinkler system repair. I want to replace a nozzle on a

pop up
head. Simple enough. My question is this: How do I get the pop up head

stay up after the sprinklers are off so that I can screw on the new

nozzle?

--
Ross Payne

Like the previous poster stated, pull it up by hand. If you can't get
it a hold of it sometimes a screwdriver helps. Put the tip of the
screwdriver into the little slot the water sprays out and "coax" it up.

Most sprinkler manufacturers have a plastic clip widget that you can
snap onto the sprinkler while it's up. It then prevents it from going
back in so you can work on it.

A rubber band would do the job also.

Bob