Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default hard starting engines

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" wrote in message
et...
FYI
I have been reading all the post on hard starting engines.
I had a old Toro snowpup blower that was hard to start . Solved it real
easy with a small 3/16 hole drilled in the shroud near the intake of the
carb
I gave it a shot of starter fluid (ether )available at auto parts store
and it started like a dream with out pulling out my guts out. Do not over
use it It only takes a little and is very flammable

I just made a similar comment on another thread. I use spray type
carburetor cleaner - available everywhere including WalMart auto section. I
buy three for four cans at a time at COSTCO.