Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

"Joachim Wunder" wrote in message

Hey, could you do me a favour please? What was the name of the company
in Austria? That all rings a bell to me: Company "Schiel" in Germany
still believes, that my garage door openerīs motor control PCB was
made in Austria as well. And when I look at the backside of the PCB,
oh man, the soldering.. like if a 5-year-old child would have done
some work on it. Various parts with welded bracing as well. Ufff. I
will need some real professional soldering work to get all of that
crap corrected anyway.

It was over 25 years ago. It might pop back into my head but I doubt it.
However these companies had nothing to do with garage door openers.

You could design and build your own replacement, or maybe you could buy and
adapt the parts from a different model.