Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joachim Wunder Joachim Wunder is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:51:11 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
m wrote:

Hi!

I think the large IC looks like an 8031/8051 microcontroller...these are a
very popular, relatively low cost and highly available part. Are you sure

Well, if I recall it right, then the 8031/8051 microcontroller comes
in plastic package and doesnīt has an EPROM memory like the 8748/8749,
right? So, I tend more for my PIC to be one of 8748/8749, but correct
me if Iīm wrong.

the power supply is working correctly? Perhaps it suffered some damage or
opened a fuse when the bulb blew.

No fuse on the whole PCB unfortunately. And, yes, the power supply
still outputs a stable 12V DC.

One of these is ROMless, but I don't remember which one. What does the
little pushbutton on the board do?

The little pushbutton normally helps the installer to testdrive the
garage door open and closed. Thatīs what I know for sure about this
PCB.

William

Joachim