Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

"Joachim Wunder" wrote in message

Yes, I know, chances are low. Tomorrow IŽll try again at the small
German company which installed it back in 1990.

Sometimes they know a guy who knows a guy . . . . .

In a company I worked at, we had 4 injection moulding machines of poor
design and reliability which were made in Austria by a company that went
bankrupt. It was a PITA keeping those suckers going. We had to reinforce
various parts with welded bracing.

The Swiss ones (design styling by Italians) we replaced them with were
expensive but were a joy to work on and would take anything you could dish
out. Watching them mould a 2 litre bowl every 4 seconds was almost
frightening to see.