Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joachim Wunder Joachim Wunder is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:04:14 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

"Joachim Wunder" wrote in message
.. .

Any other info on the labels? Country of origin?

No, unfortunately not. Well, on the backside of the PCB is printed
"PRO6101-28" in one corner. Thatīs all. Well, the garage door opener
was installed into my garage from a small company called "Schiel" from
northern Germany. Well, they said that the manufacturer went bancrupt
a couple of years ago and that they donīt have any spare parts or
information about this product of mine no more.
Well, and the garage door opener "Chamberlain" said to me that
"Liftboy" might have been an US based manufacturer who went bancrupt a
couple of years ago, but they were not sure about it. I called up
Chamberlain not only in Germany but even in Illinois, US.

At this point I'd buy a whole new one from a reputable company but I know
prices there are higher than here. It'll be a miracle if you can get any
parts for this unless you can track down someone who used to install or
repair them.

Yes, I know, chances are low. Tomorrow Iīll try again at the small
German company which installed it back in 1990.