Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default When to get a microwave serviced

"pipjon" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks to everyone for their useful responses, from which I can assume
that a service isn't required, and that it would be ok to unscrew the
casing (having unplugged first) and replace the bulb (having ensured
the correct size) myself - as long as I don't touch or fiddle with the
circuitry. If I can clean the fan filter so much the better.
Please let me know if I've misread the situation, but other than that
thank you all again. What a useful group!

That's about it. There's a big 'can' with two terminals in there. It will
kill you if you touch it and are unlucky. Otherwise you should be fine.