Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Door bell wired wrong

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:34:35 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"lp13-30" wrote in message
Yup, the Beverly Hillbillies is what I was referrring to. IMO, that is
by far the funniest show that has ever been on TV, period. It is hard to
believe it has been 44 years since it began, and it is just as funny
today as it was then. Larry

I was channel surfing last night and ............

Green Acres .........

Steve

Those shows are related. There's a third relative called Petticoat
Junction.

As to doorbells, my grandmother had trouble with telling which door it
was for when someone rung the bell, and they had often given up by the
time she'd checked all the doors. I fixed that by adding an electronic
buzzer I had, across the FRONT solenoid (so it worked only with the
front door). The buzzer I had was a pulsating one and required DC, so
I added a rectifier and capacitor to it. Now when someone's at the
front door, you hear the ding-dong as well as BEEP!! BEEP! BEEP beep
bip bp. Easy to know what door to go to.

That house has since been sold twice. I've been in it since then and
that thing is still there.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com