Posted to alt.home.repair
bremen68 bremen68 is offline

Default Paint in shed

On Feb 8, 8:34 am, Chris wrote:
Hello,

I have several cans of Latex paint (including one can of primer) in my shed.
Some cans are almost full and some are almost empty. It has been below
freezing off and on this winter season. Are those cans of paint garbage
now?

Thanks,

--
Chris

Hi Chris,

I've had paint in the garage over three winters in PA.. Most of it
was Sears Easyliving paint. I know it was frozen and thawed several
times.

When I wanted to use it during the winter I'd bring a can in the house
a couple of days before I'd use it and sit it in the basement to bring
it up to temp. Then I had to shake the daylights out of them and mix
with a power mixer blade on my drill, but I've never had problems with
using them.

Not saying that this is the case with all paints, but like I said, I
haven't had a problem yet... :-)

Of course now that I've posted this we all know what I'll find the
next time I pull a can of paint out to use... ;-O