Laurie Forbes

Default OT - Diesel Fuel Filter Question

On 22 Feb 2004 23:44:35 GMT, (Gunluvver2) wrote:

$18 ("NAPA" brand made by Wix). I don't want to waste money but OTOH
don't want to play Russian roulette with my fuel pump and injectors.

Which one should I buy??

It probably doesn't make any difference which one you buy but how you install
it can make a BIG difference. When you put on the new filter make sure you
lubricate the O-Ring outer seal properly.

What would you suggest for lube - just a little engine oil or lube
grease?

Fill the new filter as full as
possible with clean fuel and follow manual instructions for bleeding the
system.

I believe as long as the filter is filled, bleeding is not required
(at least on my engine type).

DL

Laurie Forbes