Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Door bell wired wrong

In article .com, "Harry K" wrote:

When I first moved into this house in the country, I was plagued by
the JWs for several years. I learned that if you start to talk to
them, even just to say 'not interested' they ain't gonna leae without
a fight.

What do you expect, if you continue to stand there? In my experience, it works
just fine to tell them politely: "Thank you, but I'm not interested. Good
day!" then turn around and go back in the house.
[snip]
Point is the only thing that works is outright rudeness.

The only thing you've found, perhaps -- or tried -- and of course that doesn't
bother them anyway: "Blessed are you when they persecute and revile you for my
sake..."

The method I described above worked fine for me for a long time. Then, about
eight years ago, I found an even better one. I tell the JWs we're Roman
Catholic [true, BTW] and happy with it [also true].

They don't seem to want to stick around long after that.

At our previous house, the crucifix hanging on the living room wall was
*clearly* visible as soon as the front door was opened. They just didn't seem
to want to stick around.

I'm not really sure why.

But I'm not complaining.

Nor am I rude to the JWs. It's neither necessary, nor right.

--
Regards,