Posted to alt.home.repair
Penguin Penguin is offline

Default Installing a floor on dirt

Lawrence wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:39 am, "Penguin" wrote:
I have got a house that I am working on, built it from the ground up.
It has got dirt floors at the moment, and as it turns out, I am
lacking the money to put in cement.

What type of construction was used to build this house. Stick frame?
Pole barn? Masonry? Please provide detailed construction methods
including photos.

For the foundation railroad ties were used, then up from there we
mounted on a frame, if I remember correctly the frame was 2' on
center, but am not entirely sure about that, there are the thick
sheets of plywood on the inside and outside of the walls, then
covering the plywood on the outside is siding. The roof was done
basicly the same as the roof but in truss form. Then there are
supports that we did for the roof just as something extra so that it
could withstand anything, that was done with 4x4 and then on one end
it was done in telephone poles... Basiclly that is all that is done to
it at the moment, the major part for the time being is going to be
finishing the floor...then the rest of it should fall in, I
hope...Thanks for the help