Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me.

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 07:57:00 -0800, nickbates1 wrote:

On 8 Feb, 09:30, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:01:22 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Well, I'm not in the trade, but personally know of three people who
were told - falsely - that their boiler was too old to get spares
for while being under one of their service contracts.

And I know of one...me.
Me too, when I had a Thorn Olympic boiler a few years ago.

So hardly a rare occurrence. Perhaps Mr Bates would pass it on to his
management for comment.

--
*A nest isn't empty until all their stuff is out of the attic

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

certainly will , although i work for trading standards not british gas.

It is possible as I see it that you are seeing the worst of the nonBG gas
fitters as part of your work. This may give you a skewed view.

Likewise I'm seeing the customers who are displeased with BG and have come
looking for an alternative so I may also be getting a differently skewed
view.