Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ps.com...

Charlie you certainly read it they way you like. I do not recall insisting
that the SawStop be legislated. I did say that I would not be opposed to
it
and thought it would be a good thing.

Let's keep our attributions straight, Leon. That line above was from
Dave Miller, not me.

Sorry Charlie, I did respond to your name but have filtered "Dave" ;~) out.
He probably used your name to respond so that I would see him.

I agree with the 50% decrease in Federal power. Lets get rid of government
aid programs and welfare.

Uh, sure. Except that would knock off about 5%, and Bush is already
shaving things as close as possible, plus some, outside of military
expenditures.

Incidentally, what do you call "welfare"? SSI? Or VA disability
pensions?

SSI for specific reasons answered below.

Aid programs? Heating help for the elderly? Aid to Israel? Aid of any
kind for any European country (I'll buy this one right now).

All of the above. In Texas the electic utilities provide help for the
needy. Add to that the Single unwed breeding machines that get more money
for each child thaty have. People on unemployment that can actually do some
kind of work and choose not to because they don't have to.