Lewis Hartswick

Default Inches or millimetres ?

henning wrote:

No we havent forgotten it. In fact I tell my students all the time about the original basis for the meter. Thats not the piont. The point is how all the different units
fit together in a simple and logical system. If you just want to use a single unit by itself, it makes no difference if you callet it inch meter och gooddlely. But is
there any sence in having a multitude of different units for length inch, foot, yard, mile, and so on. Lets stick to one (meter). (Dont tell me millimeters and meters
are different units, they are not)
What annoys me is that bicycles have a few inch units in them still, meaning I have to get an extra set of taps and dies (metal content)
Henning

The thing that realy BUGGS me is the use of the MKS or CGS
systems Why in the name of didn' they
at least be consistent and use the REAL UNITS ie. Meter Gram Those
are the UNITS not some multiple.
...lew...