Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Screw Gun Problem

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
oups.com...
The clutch is a nice feature which only occurs on cordless drill.
It feels the tourqe being applied. When it reaches the set level of
tourque then the clutch kicks in.

According to the service manager, that's not the way this driver
works. The clutch disengages with depth, period. They do make some
devices that work the way you describe, but I believe he said they
were intended for metal. And the add-ons for drills work via torque
as well

The clutch disengages when pressure is released. I.E., the nose cone sets
the depth. When the screw is deep enough there is little pressure on the bit
because the nose cone has contacted the surface and the clutch releases.
They work on any screw you want to drive to a set depth.

Al