Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Snowblower Problem ?

On Feb 4, 6:38 pm, mm wrote:
On 3 Feb 2007 13:11:30 -0800, "professorpaul"
wrote:

For starters, clean the spark plug. You generally don't need a new one
except maybe every three seasons.

If you didn't run the blower engine dry at the end of the season, you
left gas in the carb, which is likely the problem Drop the fuel bowl,
clean it out with carb cleaner (spray can, any auto store). That
should do it. Also, check the air filter, if there is one.

The bowl itself can be dirty and cause problems?

I would think it would be the jets, which are small.

Versus the bowl which is big, and where the new clean gasoline only
sits on top of any dirty residue for a few minutes until it goes into
the cylinders. Can new clean gas dissolve the dried up crud in the
bottom of the bowl? I would think not, or we wouldn't need carburetor
cleaner.

You can have loose crud in the bowl that gets swirled around, then at
some point it gets sucked against one of the jets, engine dies.
Crud chunk is big enough it doesn't get stuck in the jet, it just
falls off and waits for its chance to do a repeat performance.

Dave