Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Bad year for magazines.

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:40:05 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

At the beginning of the year I discovered that Technology-at-Home was
suspending publication, at which point I enquired about the likelihood of
payment for fault reports I'd submitted, I was assured that these payments
had been budgeted for and told to send an invoice. A month has passed with
no reply so I emailed again - also with no reply, so I did a bit of googling
to see if I could find any info on what's going on.

Among the hits was a forum on which it transpires that Television Magazine
has also gone tits-up!

I received an email from a regular contributor to Television back in
November 2005 saying that new management had taken over and sackings
of long time staff had occurred. As a result, all regular contributors
to the mag were no longer contributing. Perhaps this was the
pre-cursor to it going Tits-up.

I was also informed that a new magazine would be starting up with all
the old Television contributors moving over. So far I haven't heard
whether this eventuated or not.

So far the messages coming out of Technology-at-Home suggest a modicum of
optimism that they may yet return to the market place the Television link
redirects to Saint John Patrick Publishers "site under construction" - I
wondered if anyone out there had any further news on either publication?