Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default GU10 CFL equivalents

On 2007-02-07 11:19:14 +0000, said:

On 5 Feb, 18:45, Andy Hall wrote:
Ideally i'd like to use LEDs but from what I've seen/heard the bulbs
aren't quite up to it yet.

Neitherare theCFLs

Really? What are the problems with them - I'm happy enough with the
*quality* CFL replacements i've used instead of traditional bulbs
around the place. I'd not use one in, say, a cupboard where instant
light is wanted for a short period but for a light that's going to be
on for some hours they're fine.

You may find them acceptable - I'm afraid I don't - the light quality
and colour
rendition is poor in my view.

Certainly I wouldn't use them inside the house, especially as the
energy saving claims,
taken in the round are marginal at best.