Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default House wife with Odd Furnace Problem

Mrs.JComer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Before I get into my problem with the furnace I ask that you keep in
mind that I know
absolutely nothing about a furnace and it's upkeep.

The Problem::
Oddly enough from around 8 am to around 12 midnight the furnace runs
on and off
as it should, but after 12 midnight it shuts off and the red light
comes on to where it
has to constantly be reset.

(Good job listing the details of the furnace innards:-)

My guess is that outside air temp is in fact influencing
burner ignition or fuel delivery on start-up.

Probably not a very serious problem for a tech familiar
with it, but way beyond what a homeowner can be expected to do.

If you don't connect with a good repair outfit right away,
the problem might just resolve itself when weather turns
a teeny bit warmer.

Jim