Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerated Dining Area

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
news
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

SNIP

In my previous house (built 1942), the plaster on one exterior wall was
90% bad, so I took down the wall. I found short crossmembers between some
vertical beams. How do you deal with those when blowing in insulation? If
I'm going to do this, it's going to be perfect, or it's not gonna be
done.

How much is sheetrock for 3 walls, 10' long by 8.5' high? I own the tools
already. Seems cheap, in return for seeing exactly what the final result
will be.

You could locate any firestops/bracing with stud finder or
by dropping a weight down the upper hole you will drill anyway.

Yeah, but then what? Inject whatever from above and below the fire stops?
(Saw them called "cats" in an ancient carpentry book).

If you're up to 'rocking the walls, go for it. It will give you
an opportunity to apply a vapor barrier film behind the wall surface.
And an opportunity to run every wire you've ever wanted :-)
or at least put pull-wires in each stud space for future use.

Did you say speaker wires? :-)