Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerated Dining Area

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 7, 2:12 pm, "Joe" wrote:
On Feb 7, 10:57 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

snip

Filling with spray urethane foam may be OK as that would act as the
moisture barrier also.

Might be hard to find a contractor for such a small job, in which case
foil faced foam between the studs should be good alternative. Pick the
R value you want and keep the foil to the warm side. Upping the R
value in the walls would yield a space that could easily be heated by
just the two candles you and your bride use for romantic dinners G

Joe

Why would you want to tear down the walls to put fiberglass in?
Sounds like this would be a place to use the blown in insulation or
expanding foam.

In my previous house (built 1942), the plaster on one exterior wall was 90%
bad, so I took down the wall. I found short crossmembers between some
vertical beams. How do you deal with those when blowing in insulation? If
I'm going to do this, it's going to be perfect, or it's not gonna be done.

How much is sheetrock for 3 walls, 10' long by 8.5' high? I own the tools
already. Seems cheap, in return for seeing exactly what the final result
will be.