Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default How do you filter the water from your kitchen sink?

On Feb 7, 9:57 am, "z" wrote:
How does this thing work?

There is a red indicator that moves in circular motion, When it
rteaches the end, no more water if filtered and no flow of water. But
the filters that I have been getting ever since I couldn't find the
ones with the picture of my dispenser on it, would NEVER finsih the
cycle but would stopp filtering with the water still flowing, i.e I am
getting tap water.

Not sure what you mean by
"they'd stopp working w/o finishing the cycle (the red
indicator stopped moving) and also, didn't stop the water flow
probably because it didn't reach the end of the cycle".

Is this powered or something?

No. I think it moves as the water gets filtered. I don't know the
mechanism of it. Pur is the only brand with that indicator, So
replacement requireemnt doesn't go with months and goes with the
amount of water used.

My only experience is with either the
pitcher ones where you just pour the water in and gravity moves it, or
the ones that attach to the water line or the faucet.