Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sunvic Thermostat problems.

matt1245 wrote:
I am replacing my sunvic 2259 thermostat with a sunvic 4101, but can't
make sence of the wiring.

The 2259 has 3 connections and the earth connected to a metal back
plate, while the 4101 has connections COM, DEM, SAT, and N. I can't
figure out which wire to stick where.

COMmon (live)
DEMand (switched live when its too cold)
SATisfied (swwitched live when its warm enough)
Neutral.

No earth it seems

I have read an earlier post on there where the poster had 3 wires -
red, black and unsheathed. But i have 4 wires, blue, red, yellow and
unsheathed.

Normally red goes to COMmon
Blue goes to Neutral
Yellow goes to DEMand

Unsheathed (EARTH) won't be connected, and neither will SATisfied.

All help gratefully recieved...running out of 3 amp fuses now lol.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.