Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable colours grrrrr

In article ,
"Stephen Dawson" writes:

Not any more. You cannot get the old colours wunless you order 10km of
cable, so customer now have to put up with it.

We're just having an additional 1MVA supply and generator and transfer
switch put in at work, and all the offcuts of the larger new cables
are red/yellow/blue. When I'm back in the office next week, I'll ask
the electricians if they are still using the old colours throughout.

A former employer had banned mixing of the colour schemes on all sites,
as had a number of their customers (wiring closets all had notices
affixed saying use of the new colours was not permitted anywhere on
site). Apparently, a few sites have been using what became the new
colours for many years to distinguish UPS or clean supplies from
regular supplies (hospitals in particular that I've heard of).

--
Andrew Gabriel